Workers’ Comp For Mental Conditions

Workers’ Comp For Mental Conditions

Mental Conditions May Possibly Qualify For Workers’ Comp

An accident can cause more than physical scars, pain or disability. The trauma of a violent auto accident, on-the-job incident or similar event can trigger or exacerbate mental illness too. A mental condition like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or depression can affect you for years.

Recovering damages for a mental condition can be complicated. Your best chance of success is to retain an attorney with significant experience in this important aspect of workers’ compensation law. At Kelly Law Office, P.C., we help people recover workers’ comp in the Kansas City area, both in Missouri and Kansas. Contact us if you are experiencing mental illness as a result of something that happened at work.

More Than 90 Years Of Collective Experience In Personal Injury And Mental Trauma

We can help you if a workplace accident has caused you to develop a mental condition or worsened a pre-existing condition. Illnesses we can help you pursue compensation for include:

  • PTSD
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Schizophrenia
  • Bipolar disorder

While anybody can develop mental illness after experiencing job-related trauma, people who work in dangerous jobs, like police, EMTs and firefighters, are especially at risk. For work-related mental illness, the worker generally must experience something beyond the normal scope of their job to be approved for workers’ comp. Our lawyers know how to present a strong case connecting trauma and our client’s mental illness. We help people fight to obtain workers’ compensation or personal injury damages for the impact their mental condition has had on their ability to work, care for their families and live independently.

Get An Attorney Who Knows The Law

For more information on how we can help you obtain workers’ compensation for your accident-induced mental condition, call Kelly Law Office, P.C., in Liberty, Missouri, at 816-760-2174 to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys.