On Your Side After An Injury
Mark E. Kelly
Mark’s practice areas include workers’ compensation, Plaintiff’s personal injury, automobile accidents, general product liability, litigation, and construction law. Mark has tried many jury trials in Missouri and Kansas state courts. He regularly appears on behalf of Employees and Employers before the Missouri and Kansas Divisions of Workers’ Compensation. While doing this, he has gained experience appearing before the Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission, Missouri and Kansas Court of Appeals and the Kansas Supreme Court. He has also served as a frequent speaker as an expert on Workers’ Compensation at Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Mark obtained his Bachelor of Science, Business Administration degree from William Jewell College, Missouri in 1982. Thereafter he received his Juris Doctorate in May of 1986 from the University Of Missouri – Kansas City, School of Law, where he made the Dean’s List.
Following his accomplished graduation from UMKC, he was accepted as a member of the Missouri State Bar and then a year later accepted as a member of the Kansas State Bar in 1987. While remaining in those two Associations, he proudly gained legal affiliation with the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers. Mark has also received top honors as a Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer in 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009.
Mark is a lifetime Northland resident and currently resides in Kearney with his wife, Lorry, and their five children, Erin, Blaire, Cooper, Elyse and Caroline. He is currently a member of the Kearney, Missouri School Board and is highly recommended by many who work with him.
*Neither the Supreme Court of Missouri or Kansas nor the Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations.
- Workers' Compensation 60%
- Personal Injury Litigation 30%
- General Litigation 10%
- Withers, Brant, Igoe & Mullennix, P.C., Shareholder, 1994 to 2011
- Gage & Tucker, Associate, 1987 to 1994
- Missouri, 1986
- Kansas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1987
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 1998 to Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 1986 to Present
- Clay County Bar Association, 1994 to Present
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1986
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri
- B.S. - 1982
- Kearney School Board, 2007 to Present
- Small v. Red Simpson Inc, 484 S.W.3d 341 (Mo. Ct. App. WD 2015)
- Carver v. Delta Innovative, 379 SW3d 865, 2012, MO App
- Steed v. McPherson Area Solid Waste, 43 Kan. App. 2d 75, 2010, KS App
- Jones v. Steel, 280 S.W. 3d 713, 2009, MO App