Kett Craven's practice is focused primarily in personal injury, general litigation, and wills, trusts, and estates. Kett returned to private practice in 2017 after nearly 20 years working as an attorney and claims manager at an insurance company. He holds the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter designation, and his understanding of the insurance industry, the mechanics of insurance policies, and the claims process allows him to communicate well with insurance adjusters and other insurance personnel, and to readily grasp what has happened in an insurance claim, before and after suit has been filed.
Kett did his undergraduate work at the University of Missouri, where he completed his Bachelor of Science in Education in 1986, and then taught high school before attending law school. After obtaining his JD from the University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, Kett was admitted to the Missouri bar in 1991, and to the Kansas bar in 1992.
- Personal Injury
- General Litigation
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- Shelter Mutual Insurance Co., Litigation Atty. / Claims Mgr, 1998 to 2017
- Missouri, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1991
- Kansas, 1992
- Clay County Bar Association
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1991
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1986
- Major: Education - Social Sciences